Summer is in full effect here on the east coast and I am so excited for the opportunity to get more creative with my salads. With the kind of heat we get here in the Washington, DC area the last thing I want to do is spend loads of time heating up my kitchen! Feel me?
So, whether it’s a traditional salad that you eat with a fork or a delicious salad you turn into a wrap it really doesn’t matter, this Curried Chicken Salad is a yummy addition to any meal. Salads play a major role in my diet and I hope this Curried Chicken Salad makes it into yours!
Curried Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tablespoons soy-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts (feel free to sub the chicken with organic tofu or tempeh to make it vegetarian or vegan)
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients together with the exception of the grapes.
2. Fold the grapes into the mixture after everything else is thoroughly combined.
3. Garnish with Cilantro.
4. Serve over a bed of spring mix (or other green of choice).
**If you would like to stuff your mixture into a wrap, use a brown rice wrap, corn tortilla, romaine lettuce, or a collard leaf. Add lots of fresh vegetables.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up for my mailing list by clicking here!